This attractive meze item could easily look at home on a sharing board or serve it as a low carb lunch with some salad. Simple to make and the taste combination is a winner.
- 1 large aubergine (the longer the better)
- 1 jar of Pelagonia Aivar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100g feta cheese or ricotta
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Slice the aubergine into long strips
- Toss in salt, pepper, olive oil and chopped garlic cloves and leave to marinade for at least 10-15 minutes
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot and then griddle the auberinge strips. Alternate to leave grid marks
- While still warm from the griddle pan, spread Aivar on each slice, before crumbling feta cheese and then roll up
- Use a wooden skewer to hold them together initially if you need it
- 3 per person make for a light lunch along with some salad
Remember... no eating, no meeting!